Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pictures that Lie

For my pictures that lie, I chose two images: one of a phone booth in London and one of the Eiffel tower. I chose these because i really like to travel, I also thought the picture of the phone booth was really interesting and artistic. Both pictures come from the stock exchange. I manipulated the pictures in many ways because I wanted confusion between which city it was. The gray scale made it feel older and ore classic while the color of the phone booth makes the picture more interesting. I don't feel the alteration is harmful in anyway other than confusing the viewer because it does not affect any specific person, rewrite history, or change the news.
  • I used the magic extractor to get rid of the background around the Eiffel tower
  • I used the stamp tool to get rid of a Ferris wheel where the tower now is
  • I used the pattern stamp tool to add trees at the bottom of the Eiffel tower
  • I changed the opacity of the tower to match the rest of the background
  • I added an adjustment layer and made the whole picture gray scale
  • I painted the red back on using the mask feature (black paintbrush)


1 comment:

  1. It looks so real! I almost thought the phone booth is actually there.. Also, nice color design

    ReplyDelete